Working together, we can live, work, play, grow and thrive in Hayward.
A SAFE, Caring Hayward:
- Renew Measure D, our voter-approved Utility Users Tax, which will soon expire, that today is a primary source of revenue for the City to provide essential city services—especially vital police and fire services.
- Properly manage Measure C funding, which supports Police and Fire services.
- Ensure Police and Fire have the support, technology and training they need to be effective.
- Support the use of new technologies to maintain and improve community safety.
- Support Community Policing as simply “the way we police” in Hayward.
- Continue to improve relationships between officers, residents, youth, seniors and business owners with community forums, neighborhood alert program, Coffee with a Cop, and new technologies to address constituents’ safety concerns.
- Recognize and celebrate “role models” that strive to achieve a More Caring Hayward Community.
A Strong, Vibrant Local Economy:
- Position Hayward for PROSPERITY. Retain existing businesses AND attract new investment to Hayward.
- Advocate for a Hayward community culture and quality of life that supports working families.
- Revise The City’s Economic Strategic Plan and expand the City’s Business Concierge Program.
- Ensure a fiscally strong City - continue to make fiscally sound decisions.
- Support job growth and industry expansion that help our local economy grow and thrive.
- Continue to create new entertainment, dining and retail opportunities.
- Prioritize investment in infrastructure, lighting and aesthetics along Hayward’s major gateways.
A Sustainable, Green Hayward:
- Continue to support Implementation of the City’s Climate Action Plan, including annual progress reports.
- Implement a system to track the reduction in our carbon footprint by consuming goods made in Hayward.
- Implement a City policy to procure services from vendors, caterers and businesses in Hayward.
- Implement City policies to promote public transportation and reduce car dependency.
- Explore possible use of bike-share programs.
A Thriving, Engaged Hayward Community:
- Advocate for community involvement! (People being a part of the process creates a stronger community!)
- Employ existing/new technologies to increase community interest, awareness, engagement and action.
- Support a more accessible and responsive city government.
- Advocate for “Rediscovering Hayward” - Emphasize all of our amazing amenities, educational institutions, open space and parks, and unique community assets.
- Strengthen public-private partnerships and collaboration, especially with HUSD, CSUEB, Chabot Community College and Hayward’s many private schools.
- Adopt policies that enhance opportunities to live, work, play and grow in Hayward